WHAT IS IT AND WHAT GOES INTO AN ORDER OF SERVICE?
The Order of Service serves to guide your guests through the wedding service. Surprisingly there is NO standard format, however you may want to consider adding the following;
- Names of the bride and groom, church/venue, date and time of the service.
- Hymns, titles of music and readings. TOP TIP: I like to include the words for hymns rather than guests having to look them up in separate hymn books.
- Credit musicians, the person leading the service and your readers.
- Some couples like to list members of the wedding party (i.e. Mother of the Bride/ Groom, Ushers, Bridesmaids)
- You could add a sentiment to honour deceased love ones, give thanks to friends and family for support or even thanks for those that travel long distances to join you on your special day.
HOW MANY DO I NEED?
I suggest budgeting numbers based on guests sharing one between them. Guests often take them home as keepsakes, and don't forget to keep one back for yourself!
WHAT OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE?
Ellie Press can tailor your order of service to suit your budget and to fit into the overall theme of your wedding. A template file can be sent through on request which you can use to run through the details with the person leading your service. All documents are digitally printed onto a high quality 130gsm paper stock and you can choose to custom with an outer letterpress jackets to tie into your wedding theme (matching ribbons to your bridesmaids and flowers).
For less formal weddings there is a shift towards 'order of the day' cards which can be digitally or letterpress printed to suit your budget.